Friday, March 30, 2007

P3 Ultimate Shooting Rest & Gun Vise - Savage Shooters

P3 Ultimate Shooting Rest & Gun Vise
by Savage Shooters



Where do I begin? Well how about from the beginning?

I received a large box in the mail one fine fall day and couldn't figure out for the life of me what it was. CTK? What is CTK? Then it hit me, the gun rest that I asked to do the evaluation on, great! Got it in the house and quickly unwrapped everything like a kid on Christmas morning.

Now right from the start I had planned on using a Savage model 99 in 22-250 because I wanted to see if this rest could be used on any type of firearm. So I went out and bought a new Redfield mount for it and new Redfield rings for the 50mm objective I wanted to mount on this coyote gun. I sat down in the afternoon to put the rest together and found it very easy set up requiring only two 7/16's wrenches from the garage. I put two bolts into place and it was done, completely set up and ready for me to start mounting that scope.

The next step was to add on the CTK P3 QD Gun Vise and lock it into place. Wow, all I had to do was slide the receiver rest up a couple inches and connect the vise, it was done in literally seconds. The large plastic handles that the rest and vise use are very easily tightened and loosened with a large locking ring on all the legs as well.

Click here to read the entire review
.

No comments: