Thursday, November 30, 2006

P3 Ultimate Monopod - Utah Varminters Association

P3 Ultimate Monopod
by Utah Varminters Association

I recently had the opportunity to check out the Ultimate Mono-Pod by CTK Precision. With a lot of my longer range shooting with my AR-15 I use a set of prone style bi-pods and a rear bag. I'm used to it and can get a very steady platform using that setup. Curt at CTK asked if I would give his new Mono-Pod a look and see how it worked for me.


The monopod uses the rear sling stud on the rifle for mounting. Curt included one that replaced the normal AR military clip sling loop on the AR to a standard rifle sling stud. Looking at the Ultimate Mono-Pod, it's attached to the stock with a screw type link that draws the sling stud into the monopod and cradles the stock against four non-slip pads on the bottom of the monopod. The mounting surface of the monopod is cut to fit most stocks and was almost a perfect fit on the standard A2 stock on my RRA varmint-hunting rifle.


Click here to read the entire review.

No comments: